The Breeder's Standard® 2012
Our All-New, 21st-Century Pedigree and Breeder's Software
Pre-Release Sales now open!
Download Pre-Release 9.8 right now.
Since the first version of The Breeder's Standard® appeared in late 1991, it has been the leader in technology and ease-of-use for every animal breeder. After eighteen years of development, The Breeder's Standard® is the most popular program, selling the most units per year and sporting the industry's largest installed base. Now, as the computers and operating systems everyone uses are about to move on to newer and better ways to do things, PedFast Technologies leads the way in our industry -- again.
PedFast Technologies announces the Pre-Release of The Breeder's Standard® 2012. Everything is new in this program. This program is all new. Not only does TBS 2012 sport a newer, easier-to-use look and feel, but we add new and powerful features as well.
Click on image to see full-size screen shot.
What's new in Pre-Release #8:
Pre-release #8 introduces a powerful new navigation bar, allowing you to revisit the last 20 places you worked in the program (Patent Application Pending).
- Litter entry, Puppy Entry and Puppy Tracking are all up and running.
- Font changes to all windows in Windows 7 environments
- Speed improvements in MegaPed 2012
- Typos in installer fixed to read TBS 2012 and not TBS 2010.
New Features in TBS 2012:
Of course, all of our existing features, PedFast(tm), Crystal Ball(tm), MegaPed(tm) and GreenShade(tm) are all in the new program, and have been improved.
- Coefficient of Relationship: Calculate the COR for any two animals in the database you may choose to mate to each other
- Printer-Quality Reverse Pedigrees: Print beautiful 10-generation reverse pedigrees of your animals.
- All-New Reports: Our new, faster, easier reporting engine sports new reports for your animals, breeding and competition.
- Single File Unitary Database!
TBS 2010 sports the new proprietary .PTPED high-speed database format, stored in a single file. No more backing up two folders full of files. Open your kennel database by double-clicking on it or by opening it in TBS 2012.
Later on, when we release CompuPed v7, it will also use the identical .PTPED file format, meaning that there is no need to export or import between PedFast Technologies programs!
- Much Smaller and faster installation: No more database engine to install. The program will install more quickly, and will require fewer Vista and Windows 7 administrative privileges, and none to run the program. Imagine that -- a more powerful program, and we made it faster and smaller!
- Compatible with pedigree Power Packs(tm) and Pedcasso(tm): TBS 2012 will be able to convert existing Pedcasso(tm) layouts for its use, and will support the entire set of Pedigree Power packs when their 2012 versions are released along with the final TBS 2012.
- Puggsley(tm) II: Puggsley(tm) has evolved! You now enjoy a switchable context helper on the right hand side of the window, that shows help for the screen you are using at the time. Now, you don't even need to press F1 for help!
- Coming soon: Native Apple Mac! Soon, after our initial release, TBS 2012 will run on the Apple Mac! (Requires OSX Tiger or newer and Intel chipset). Our Mac edition will be 100% compatible with the Windows version, meaning you can open a .PTPED file from our Windows program on the mac without any changes and vice versa.
TBS 2012 Requirements:
Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8. In the coming weeks, we will also support Intel-based Apple Mac computers running OSX Tiger or newer.
RAM: 1GB or more, 3GB+ preferred.
Video: 1024x768 or larger screen size.
Disk: Recommended 75 megs to install, 2GB free to build kennel databases.
Restricted RC Testing Program -- How you can join
TBS 2012 is a restricted testing program. We will not have an open Beta test. Instead, we have opened the program for customer use based on the criteria below.
Who will be given download access to TBS 2012:
1. Everyone who has purchased or who purchases TBS 2009 on or after October 1, 2009. These customers will receive access to all pre-release versions as well as the final version at no additional charge.
2. Specially-invited testers: power users who have made substantial contributions to the feature suggestion list.
TBS 2012 pre-release #7 is available for Download at http://www.pedfast.com/download right now.
TBS 2012 will be priced at $109.99 for new purchases and $59.99 for upgrades. However, for those who buy TBS 2009 now at $89.99 or upgrades at $41.99, those people will receive TBS 2012 free. $12.75 extra charge if you want a new CD with TBS 2012 (when it releases in final form).
To purchase TBS 2009 and automatically be entered into the pre-release, simply click on the link below to access our secure ordering site:
There is only one world leader in Animal-related Software: PedFast Technologies .